The latest Swisse Australia / Pure Warrior Ambassador, Dan Adair recently lead a morning group workout to introduce the newest Amino Acids Range from Pure Warrior. Whilst leading the group, Swisse caught up with Dan to learn a thing or two about #goals. Read on to learn a little more about MGMT talent, Dan Adair…
1. He’s engaged to model, body of Bras and Things, and social media personality, Natalie Roser.
The pair met while he was training the Miss Universe Australia runner-up at Sydney’s 98 Riley Street gym. Last year he popped the question on holiday in the Bahamas.
2. He trains the likes of presenter Jesinta Campbell, actresses Jodie Gordon, Danielle Cormack and Pia Miller, retired Australian Olympian Geoff Huegill and model Steph-Claire Smith.
To get the girls in peak condition, he favours interval training: a combination of intense periods of work with just enough recovery to go hard again while keeping good form. Here’s his top treadmill sprint workout.
With the treadmill set to level 17 complete:
200m rest (jump off treadmill – let it run)
x 20 rounds
Still got some fuel left in the tank? Finish off with a core set.
+ 20 full sit-ups
+ 1 min plank hold
+ x5 rounds, no rest between
3. It’s not just the girls he pushes around the weights room
With model Dougie Joseph on his books, his main aim is getting clients to the point where he will happily have them as a training partner.
4. His go-to recipe for a supercharged smoothie
Whip up the star trainer’s bevvy of choice: 250ml coconut water, 1 serve of Swisse Pure Warrior vanilla WPI protein powder, 1 cup ice, 1 cup blueberries, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1tsp goji berries, 1 banana, 1/4 tsp of maca powder and 1 tsp of cacao.
5. The quote he lives by isn’t just about lifting heavy
“Where focus goes energy flows.” Follow his Instagram account (@danjadair) for a daily hit of inspo.
6. He shares a name with Nickelback drummer but on his playlist you’ll find…
A collection of hip-hop albums. Among his top picks:
Ego Death – The Internet
If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late – Drake
After That We Didn’t Talk – Goldlink
BeFor Our Time – Jay Prince
7. How he measures up to other celeb PTs
With a certificate three and four in fitness, he has 10 years’ experience across strength and conditioning, circuit training and CrossFit.
8. Ousting sugar and alcohol is his best body advice
He fuels up with a balanced diet of proteins, good fats, carbohydrates and plenty of greens. He told Sporteluxe: “Sugar and alcohol are definitely two things that should be cut out as much as possible, if not completely. If you want extreme changes to your body composition and or physical performance then you must compliment that with extreme discipline with your diet.”
9. He is as good behind the camera as he is in front
Alongside being a trainer, he’s also a photographer. “Photography is more of a hobby which I’m sometimes lucky enough to get paid for. I’d say 99 per cent of my images have been of Natalie.”